A rare chance to purchase a unique Georgian property with uninterrupted views of the North Pennines. This mid-18th century rectory was once home to Rector John Heelis, whose youngest son William married Beatrix Potter in 1913. A considerable amount of renovation has been carried out by and on behalf of the current owners and The Glebe House is now a superb, semi-detached family home providing spacious accommodation with central heating and double glazing throughout. The overall floor-space is approximately 2,200 square ft plus the cellars, attic and outbuildings.
The house is set in well-kept, wrap-around gardens and benefits from a row of attractive sandstone outbuildings and a stunning sandstone coach house with two garages and four additional rooms (great potential for development subject to planning permission). Read more
- Substantial Semi-Detached Period Family Home in a Village Location
- Living Room, Dining Room + Study Suite
- Dining Kitchen, Conservatory, Utility Room + Shower Room
- 4 Bedrooms + Family Bathroom
- Conservatory, Cellars + Large Boarded Loft
- Private Drive with Parking for Several Vehicles
- Large Mature Garden with Greenhouse and Delightful Pastoral Outlooks
- Sandstone Outbuildings
- Sandstone Coach House with 2 Garages, Workshop + 3 Upper Rooms.
- Oil Fired Central Heating, uPVC Double Glazing + EPC Rate F