Between Penrith and Carlisle, Old Town House is a magnificent 17th/18th century home, built originally as a "stance", an important resting place on the ancient droving route from Scotland to England. The house has been lovingly renovated and updated by the current owners and has been the subject of a history book on the important role played by cattle droving in the development of the Cumbrian economy.
The accommodation is brimming with character combined with the comforts of modern living and comprises: Hallway, Living Room, Dining Room, Farmhouse Kitchen, Study, Larder, Laundry/Cloakroom, Landing, Four Double Bedrooms, Two with En-Suite Shower and a House Bathroom. The house is set in a large garden, just under 2/5 acre, with a beautiful Formal Garden to the front, a Kitchen Garden and a Wooded Area to the rear.
To the side of the property is a plot of land circa 1663 sq meterswith outline planning permission for two dwelling houses with a local occupancy restriction.Eden District Council Planning Application 18/0021
There is also Off Road Parking and a Detached Garage.
The property also has the benefit of Oil Fired Central Heating, Multi Fuel Stoves to the kitchen and living room and Double Glazing throughout.
Neighbouring the gardens on the east side is a Building Plot, circa 1663 sq m (0.41 acres) with outline planning Permission for 2 detached houses with a local occupancy restriction Read more
- Magnificent 17th/18th Century Detached Farmhouse
- Adjacent Building Land with Outline PP for Two Dwelling Houses
- Lovingly Restored and Refurbished by the Current Owners
- Living Room with Stove, Dining Room + Study
- Farmhouse Kitchen with Stove, Larder + Laundry/Cloakroom
- 4 Double Bedrooms, 2 En-Suite Showers + House Bathroom
- Beautiful Mature Gardens to the Front and Rear
- Off Road Parking + Garage
- Oil Central Heating + Double Glazing. EPC Rate C