This property has been removed by the agent. It may now have been sold or temporarily taken off the market.
Between Penrith and Carlisle, Old Town House is a magnificent 17th/18th century home, built originally as a "stance", an important resting place on the ancient droving route from Scotland to England. The house has been lovingly renovated and updated by the current owners and has been the subject of a history book on the important role played by cattle droving in the development of the Cumbrian economy.
The accommodation is brimming with character combined with the comforts of modern living and comprises: Hallway, Living Room, Dining Room, Farmhouse Kitchen, Study, Larder, Laundry/Cloakroom, Landing, Four Double Bedrooms, Two with En-Suite Shower and a House Bathroom. The house is set in a large garden, just under 2/5 acre, with a beautiful Formal Garden to the front, a Kitchen Garden and a Wooded Area to the rear.
There is also Off Road Parking and a Detached Garage. A further piece of adjoining land is available with planning permission for 2 detached dwellings,... Read more
- Magnificent 17th/18th Century Detached Farmhouse
- Lovingly Restored and Refurbished by the Current Owners
- Living Room with Stove, Dining Room + Study
- Farmhouse Kitchen with Stove, Larder + Laundry/Cloakroom
- 4 Double Bedrooms, 2 En-Suite Showers + House Bathroom
- Beautiful Mature Gardens to the Front and Rear
- Off Road Parking + Garage
- Oil Central Heating + Double Glazing
- Adjoining Land/Building Plots by Separate Negotiation - EPC Rate C
- EPC C