Guide Price £325,000
Merridene is an interesting and rare opportunity to buy a mid 19th century detached former police and courthouse in the vibrant village of Shap, 10 miles South of Penrith and an excellent location to access the Lake District National Park and the Westmorland Dales National Park.
The property is currently used as a family home, having excellent potential to redevelop as a guest house and has flexible and spacious accommodation comprising: Entrance Porch, Hallway with 2 of the original police cells which are ideal for use as offices, a Dining Room, Living Room, Kitchen, Utility Room, Ground Floor Bedroom with an En-Suite shower, 5 further Bedrooms and a Bathroom. Adjoining the building are; a stone built Garage (small), a Boiler Room and a Log Store.
There is also an adjacent barn with planning permission (application number 21/0749) for conversion to a 2 bedroom cottage.
To the rear of the property is a generous Garden which enjoys a Southerly Aspect and a view between the neighbouring houses to the surrounding countryside. Read more
- Detached Victorian Police House Including the Original Cells
- Spacious and Flexible Family Accommodation with Excellent Potential as a B&B
- Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen + Utility Room
- Ground Floor Bedroom with En-Suite
- 5 First Floor Bedrooms + Bathroom
- Small Barn with Planning Permission
- Generous Garden with a Southerly Aspect
- Off Road Parking + Outbuildings
- EPC Rate E