An inscription over the lake-facing door dates Wreay Farmhouse to 1787, but parts are much older and the house is mentioned in documents from the 13th century. This detached holiday home is full of character with beams, it commands views over Ullswater. Seven of the bedrooms overlook the lake. The living room with its open fire is cosy, and the conservatory facing south-east catches the morning sun. Watermillock is admirably placed for visiting the Northern Lakes and fells, with excellent walking and cycling amid splendid scenery.
Water sports nearby, and steamers cruise the lake throughout the year. The Brackenrigg Inn (10 mins walk) is noted for its food and the picturesque village of Pooley Bridge (3 pubs) is 2 miles away. The lakeside road meanders over the Kirkstone Pass. Enjoy the spectacular scenery, then drop down into Ambleside and Windermere and Grasmere nearby. Shops 2 miles, pub ? mile. Read more
- 18th Century Detached Farmhouse
- Superb Elevation Position with above Ullswater
- Stunning Views Across the Lake to the Surrounding Countryside
- Living Room, Dining Hall, Snug, Conservatory + Kitchen
- 8 Bedrooms, 5 With En-Suites + 2 House Bathrooms
- Open Fireplaces, Oil Fired Central Heating and uPVC Double Glazing
- Delightful Southerly Facing Garden Benefiting from The Views
- Off Road parking for Several Vehicles.
- EPC Rate TBC